"Jet to a Cure!"
Our very own Captain Rusty has a beautiful little girl named, Vida LeeAnne! At her one week appointment she was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis. CF is a disease that affects the lungs and digestive system of about 30,000 children and adults in the United States. The CF Foundation, a nonprofit donor-supported organization, works toward the develpoment of a cure to control CF and to improve the quality of life for those with the disease. Our Crew at Captain Ron's considers Captain Rusty and his wife, Shannon to be members of our family. We open our arms to their little Vida, which incidentally means "Life" in Spanish. We have also had a personal family loss to this disease. We ask that you please join us and donate to this important cause, Please help us as we "Jet to a Cure!"
Beautiful little Vida was born on March 5th, 2011 at 12:45 p.m. right on her due date. To her parents, she was perfect in every way. However, at her one week appointment Captain Rusty and Shannon were informed that she tested positive for Cystic Fibrosis. A sweat test two days later at the UW Hospital confirmed it. We can't imagine the heartache and fear they must have been feeling. nevertheless, the diagnosis made Captain Rusty and Shannon love her even more.
Cystic Fibrosis is an inherited chronic disease (Captain Rusty and Shannon are both carriers) that affects the lungs and digestive system. A defective gene and it's protein product cause the body to produce unusually thick, sticky mucus that clogs the lungs and leads to life-threatening lung infections. It also obstructs the pancreas and stops natural enzymes from helping the body break down and absorb food.
Vida has been doctoring at the American Family Children's Hospital, which is part of the UW Hospital in Madison. Vida's doctors and staff are amazing. They have assured the family that Vida can live a very normal life. She will participate in school and sports like any other child. They are also teaching Captain Rusty and Shannon how to administer preventative treatments to her. On a daily basis they feed her a multivitamin and salt, which her body is lacking. They also have to feed her enzymes in applesauce before every single bottle so she can better absorb her food. How many babies do you know that can eat applesauce at two weeks old? At their next appointment they learned how to do airway clearance treatments to break up the fluid in her lungs. They will need to do this for 20 minutes two times a day. They are scheduled to go to Madison once a month during the first year of her life and then four times a year after that. As well as daily medications and airway clearance treatments, Vida will go through countless chest x-rays, blood draws, pulmonary funtion tests, and throat cultures. and these are just the things she will be enduring when she is well. Many CF children are hospitalized once or twice a year for weeks at a time.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation works toward the development of a way to cure and control C.F. and to improve the quality of life for those with the disease. It has been making great strides and currently there is a Phase 3 clinical trial drug that may potentially correct the basic defect in rare gene mutation. This drug will only help about 3% of the C.F. population. Fortunately, Vida is one of the 3% that has this rare mutation. Because of this progress we are asking you to support the CFF if you are able.
If you would like to support CFF, please send a check to The Dells Experience INC. with a note of it's purpose. We will donate 80% to CFF and the other 20% to Captain Rusty and his family for medical expenses. Thank you so much for all of your support!
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call 608-254-8246.
Our knowledgeable staff is standing by!
"Jet to a Cure!"
100% to a Great Cause!
80% to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
20% to Captain Rusty & family for medical expenses
We would like to Thank all of our wonderful return guests for their
loyalty & support throughout these adventurous 16 years!
Without you this tour would not be possible!
~Ron & Maria Yohn
Captain Ron's Original Dells Jet Boats
|~Copyright 2012~||608-254-8246 or 1-888-JET-DELL |